Internships at Iris van Herpen are offered for a minimum duration of 4 months. A European passport is required unless you are studying at a Dutch university. Due to the many applications, a response can take up to 6 weeks. Please wait for the reply and send your application far enough in advance. Interns are carefully selected and the internship is dedicated to the ambitions and skills of the applicant.
Working closely together with the atelier where the collections are being developed and restored. This involves many different kinds of handwork, patternmaking, machine sewing, sourcing, graphic design and more and for some, a chance to join and help behind the scenes at Paris Fashion Week.
- A degree or studying for a degree in fashion, or another relevant related direction
- Command of the industry jargon in English
- Excellent handwork skills
- Patient, innovative, curious and hands-on mindset
- Educated and experienced in patternmaking and machine sewing
- Time management skills as well as being able to work under time pressure
- Advanced knowledge of Adobe Illustrator is an advantage